Andrew Peters is a Partner in the Employment Law team at TWM Solicitors and advises both employers and individuals on all aspects of employment law and work-related issues.
Andrew has a wealth of employment law experience. He joined TWM in June 2023 and prior to that, he spent more than 18 years practising employment at prominent regional firms.
Andrew regularly supports Employers and HR professionals in relation to employment law matters and issues, including:
- Implementing dismissals, including the drafting and negotiation of exit terms and settlement agreements;
- Employment disputes and the defence of Employment Tribunal claims;
- Mediation, including judicial meditation;
- The preparation of contracts of employment, service agreements, consultancy agreements and staff procedures, policies and handbooks;
- Redundancies and restructurings;
- Anti-competition issues, including the misuse of confidential information, restrictive covenants and return of data / property issues; and
- HR support, including absence management, disciplinary and grievance issues.
Andrew is a seasoned Employment Tribunal litigator and advocate and is also experienced in representing clients at mediation. He has particular expertise in providing business focussed employment advice in connection with acquisitions, disposals and outsourcings, including TUPE and implementing changes to terms and conditions of employment.
Andrew frequently advises directors, executives and employees on all aspects of employment law.
A large part of Andrew’s practice involves advising on the terms and effect of settlement agreements, including negotiating improved terms.
Andrew provides advice to individuals in relation to:
- Employee dismissals and exits, including redundancies and negotiating exits;
- Employment disputes, including grievances and disciplinary issues;
- Discrimination at work;
- ACAS early conciliation;
- Bringing claims in the Employment Tribunal, including claims of unfair dismissal, discrimination, whistleblowing, claims for unpaid wages and breach of contract; and
Andrew is also experienced in advising employees on the terms of their employment, including service agreements, remuneration, bonus and incentive terms and restrictive covenant provisions.
He is a member of the Employment Lawyers Association.
Andrew’s interests include keeping up with his sons whether mountain biking, playing football or running.