David advises clients on a wide range of banking and finance matters including lending to acquire real estate, funding commercial and residential projects and refinancing existing funding arrangements. David is a Legal 500 recognised lawyer experienced in the full range of finance structures associated with commercial lending, real estate finance, development finance and healthcare lending, including syndicated and bilateral loans, bridging finance, mezzanine debt and subordinated capital, with particular specialisms in asset-based lending and real estate finance.
Before specialising in banking and finance matters, David trained with and qualified into the Business Law team advising clients on a wide variety of corporate and commercial matters, from start-up to exit, including constitutional advice, shareholder and partnership arrangements, supply and distribution contracts and buying and selling businesses.
David is known for his commercial, proactive and solutions-led approach and has a wealth of experience applying a common sense legal perspective to commercial and real estate issues.
David graduated with an LLB (Hons) in Law from the University of Exeter and completed his training contract with TWM before qualifying as a solicitor in the Business Law team in 2014.
David’s work includes:
- Advising various challenger banks, peer-to-peer lenders and private financiers in connection with a wide range of asset backed lending products including the structuring, compliance and execution of non-standard transactions.
- Advising various high street banks on bi-lateral and syndicated asset-backed facilities.
- Advising new and experienced lenders alike at Board, management and customer facing levels with advice on general legal, regulatory and contract matters and collaborating with support functions and risk partners on legal and regulatory risks impacting clients’ commercial and financial operations.
- Providing in-house training to the support functions of client companies in connection with legal knowledge sharing, process implementation and commercial strategy.
- Advising TVR Automotive Limited on various legal aspects of their new car launch, including debt finance arrangements, negotiating equity investment by the Welsh Government, assisting with the development of a dealership and heritage network and drafting various asset sale and purchase agreements in connection with branded spare parts.
David is a keen sportsman, representing Haslemere Hockey Club in the winter and gradually trying to lower his handicap as a member of Blackmoor Golf Club in the summer.