Sarah is a Managing Associate Solicitor and Mediator in TWM’s Family department and leads the Epsom Family team. Sarah deals with all aspects surrounding relationships and has particular expertise in cases involving:
- Domestic abuse
- Injunctions under the Family Law Act 1996
- Unmarried couples living together and Cohabitation Agreements
- Separation Agreements, whether the couple is married or unmarried
- Divorce (both here in England and Wales and abroad)
- Civil partnerships
- Financial matters surrounding a divorce or separation, including where there are business interests, trust arrangements and complex health issues involved
- Applications under the Children Act 1989 for Orders relating to children, whether that is an Order that the children are to live with or spend time with a particular parent, attend a particular school, or have a passport dispute dealt with
- Children disputes where there are alcohol and/or drug dependency issues
- UK and international child relocation
- Applications for financial support for children of an unmarried couple under Schedule 1 of the Children Act 1989 and the Trusts of Land and Appointment of Trustees Act 1996.
Sarah represents her clients in Court and out of Court in financial applications, children proceedings and domestic abuse injunction applications.
Whether her clients are facing the end of a relationship, or beginning a new relationship, Sarah has acted for same-sex couples, husbands and wives, mothers and fathers, high net worth individuals, business owners and homemakers in the UK and abroad. Sarah’s approach to all her clients is the same – cost-effective and thorough legal advice, designed to resolve conflict in the manner that best suits her clients and their loved ones.
Sarah is a member of Resolution, a national association of family lawyers and other professionals committed to the constructive resolution of family disputes. Sarah is also a member of the Resolution National Domestic Abuse Committee and is a Family Mediation Council registered all issues family mediator, offering Mediation services alongside her legal practice.
Sarah joined TWM as a trainee in 2014 and qualified into the Family department in 2015. Prior to joining the firm, Sarah spent time living and working in South Africa and later as a paralegal in London, dealing with complex domestic abuse and children cases. Sarah obtained a degree from Sheffield University, before attending the College of Law in Guildford for her Legal Practice Course.