Claire qualified as a solicitor from the College of Law, Guildford in 1999. She started her legal career in 1980’s becoming first a Legal Executive and a Fellow of the Institute and now has some 30 years experience in trusts of land and real estate law and practice.
Claire headed up the property department at Wheltons prior to its merger with TWM in 2012. She lectured at Guildford College for 10 + years on property practice and land law.
- Acquisition and sale of freehold and leasehold properties including new and converted properties in prime Central London and countrywide urban and rural areas.
- Advising banks and other institutional lenders on secured lending transactions.
- Advising international clients on legal matters for their portfolio acquisitions.
- Advising on trusts of land and drafting agreements.
- Advising developers on sale of new build and redevelopments, drafting leases and acting on plot sales.
- Advising freehold residents companies with leasehold issues, extending leases and advising lessees on licences to make alterations to leasehold premises.
- Advising on option agreements, overage, covenants, easements and other property law issues.
Recent work and highlights include:
- Purchase of 14 new build freehold properties on former hospital site.
- Acquisition of site for conversion and redevelopment purposes within 8 working day deadline
- Sale of 17 plots from conversion of office building and further site comprising redevelopment of brownfield site for sale of luxury apartments.
- Acquisition of Central London apartments with short lease.
- Advising trustees in respect of large site for Strategic Housing Land Availability Assessment (SHLAA).