Jamie has been the Managing Partner of TWM Solicitors LLP since 1 August 2022. Jamie joined TWM Solicitors in 2011 and was the Head of the Business Law team for 10 years before taking over the Managing Partner role.
Jamie assists clients with raising capital and buying and selling businesses, assets and divestitures with an aggregate deal value in excess of £2bn to date. He also assists clients with all aspects of Corporate and Commercial law including advising upon MBO’s, MBI’s, joint ventures, project management, distribution agreements and franchising.
His national and international clients include ultra high net worth individuals, large companies, small businesses and individual entrepreneurs in various sectors including technology, media, natural resources, automotive and hotels and leisure.
Prior to joining TWM Solicitors in 2011, Jamie ran his own business and legal consultancy in British Columbia, Canada and was also a partner in a London law firm.
Notable recent transactions that Jamie has advised upon include:
- Advising on the £100 million merger of property development group with a listed PLC.
- Advising on the purchase of 100% of the issued share capital in an electrical supply company for a value of £7 million.
- Advising on the purchase of 100% of the issued share capital in a public house group for a value of £4 million.
- Advising luxury Sports Car manufacturer, TVR Automotive Limited, on an equity investment into the company by the Welsh Government.
- Advising upon the sale of 100% of the issued share capital of a successful niche company in the oil and gas industry with a value of £3 million.
- Advising upon a multi-million pound share purchase by a major commercial supplier to international airports, train stations and retail centres.
- Advising on an off-market company share buyback and company restructure of an international restaurant brand.
- We are retained on an ongoing basis by an internationally known sporting goods company with a turnover of over US$67m per annum to advise on all commercial issues facing the company and its brands.